Thursday, August 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss' Chick-Fil-A

I will not eat at Chick-Fil-A
Even though I am not gay
I will not put it in my mouth
Although I am from the deep south
I will not touch a bun or pickle
If you beg or plead or punch or tickle
I will not eat a bigot's food
You cannot get me in the mood
I will not eat it if it's free
I cannot swallow bigotry
I will not touch a waffle fry
I'd rather do without and die
I'll never decorate my plate
In places they discriminate
I'd rather take a massive lickin'
Than try to choke down biased chicken
So, listen cretins.  Hear my voice
I'm done with you. NOW, THAT'S A CHOICE

cn08022012

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. I love your poem! Someone posted it on Chick-Fil-A's Facebook page. It's beautiful. Definitely the most witty response I've heard to the owner's bigotry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply awesome...way to go! I saw this on Twitter and RT'd it. I write poetry, too. Visit my page @BareNakedAuthor for more info on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! What is the full address for your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So slow. That is your witter address, but I just found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would boycott ANYONE who discriminates for ANY reason. By the way, you don't have a clue who I am or what I do, so find another venue to spout off on, please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.


    box set

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! My sentiments exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charles Nicholson. I love your poem here. I myself will not eat at Chick Fill A. I don't think they deserve a dime of my hard earned money, and as a gay man I much rather give my money to places that support equality not hate. Not just Chick Fill A, but any place or venue that promotes hate I simply avoid. Are you on Facebook by chance? I'd love to add you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never saw this one!!! You are awesome!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete